Friday, August 29, 2014

Being Seldom Seen Really Isn't So Bad


This blog is called the "Seldom Seen" blog because, well, no one knows anything about it. According to the visitor counter, I've had like six views in five years. That's not an altogether bad thing, by any stretch of the imagination. The wrong person sees this blog and it could ruin their day, maybe even a whole week. Fortunately my mother can't see it, unless she faked her death, which she might have done, just to get away (obviously it's not "too soon"). What if Joy Laughlin, now Joy Laughlin D'Avanzo happened to see this moronic blog? She's an old high school classmate of mine and if she ever saw it she would lose complete respect for me, if she had any to begin with, which seems unlikely.

I'm afraid some terrorist group is going to come along my blog while searching the internet. Some organization like Isis. They'll think those Americans are a bunch of numbskulls and they'll figure they can move right in. So yeah, being seldom seen isn't so bad. However for me it is therapeutic. I can practice both my typing and my spelling. I can talk about my long-ago past; as a young teenager I would ogle the girls in Playboy Magazines. I can yak about how clowns still kind of creep me out. I think I have mentioned in one of these blog entries that men's locker room benches are so unsanitary that I refuse to sit on one even if wearing a suit of armor. Point is; the blog does serve a purpose, just not a worthwhile one.

2 comments:

Jan Mader said...

Now I've seen your SELDOM SEEN BLOG. I like it!

Joy D'Avanzo said...

Ahhh, Jim. How can you say that I have no respect for your efforts? Haven's I always called you the James Thurber of our class? You underestimate yourself, my friend. Your blog makes me laugh and that I value greatly. Hey, it was great to see you at the reunion. Sorry we didn't talk more - how did that happen? Next time, Next time, may it be soon!