On occasion I have stated that I should be the president of the United States. I've gotten a lot of support for this proclamation. For example, I declared that I should be president to a friend of mine and after a few seconds of uneasy consideration, he replied, "Well, I might vote for you, if you were the last person on earth." See? Never mind the fact that if I were the last person on earth, he would not be around to vote, that is, unless he voted by absentee ballot.
Anyway, I have made this declaration based on the notion that like every good politician, I am unbiased and objective in my thinking and views. At least I think I am, although that opinion might not be totally impartial. Unlike seemingly everyone else on the planet, I don't care if a person is Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative, man or woman, black or white or even some other color. I'll accept his or her ideas and opinions and judge them objectively on their merit. Reaching the correct conclusion might require a bit of study but if it's important, I'll put in the work.
This tirade is motivated by my going on the internet recently and seeing endless moronic squawking concerning the trial of Lindsay Clancy. If you're fortune enough to not be familiar with the trial and the woman at the center of it, Lindsay Clancy is a woman who murdered her three children and then tried, and failed to commit suicide. She has been on trial for the deaths of her children, whom she admittedly killed. She was allegedly suffering from psychosis and incapable of controlling her emotions, emotions that made her homicidal.
The trial is so well publicized that there are roving bands of women who insist that Clancy be found innocent. There are also throngs of people, many of whom are popular internet content creators, who insist that Clancy be punished to the full extent of the law. Generally speaking, neither group has closely followed the trial. So, what do I say about all of this, me, the guy who should be president?
Here it is; those many individuals who without examining evidence or listening to expert testimony, brazenly announce to the world either that Lindsay Clancy is innocent or that she is guilty, those persons should never be allowed to sit on any jury, ever. Their emotions or ignorance, or a combination of the two make them unsuitable for a task so important.
If you thought I was going to give my own opinion on the trial, no, I can't do that. Just like almost everyone else, I am very aware of the trial but I have not been closely following it. Unlike almost everyone else, since I haven't been closely following it, I am undecided on how I view any verdict.
Hey, there's another good reason why I should hold the highest office in the land. A president should not be a hypocrite.
No comments:
Post a Comment